Terms and Conditions
The Bryn at Tilba Pty Ltd offers guests officially accredited 4.5 STAR Bed and Breakfast accommodation in a country house style residence – “The Bryn” (B&B).
The Bryn at Tilba also offers officially accredited 3.5 STAR self-catering accommodation in a separate two bedroom, fully equipped residence – “The Cottage”.
The Bryn at Tilba is set on an 8 acre property.
Both ‘The Bryn’ (B&B) and ‘The Cottage’ are separate to the owners’ home.
Both residences were renovated in 2012 to a very high standard and ongoing upkeep of buildings and grounds is a high priority.
Co-hosts/owners – Sharon Perkins and Peter Hopkins welcome guests warmly and strive to ensure the highest standards in hospitality, cleanliness and service.
Details of the accommodation and amenities provided are set out on this website. If guests require additional information please contact owners.
The following terms and conditions apply to bookings and stays at The Bryn at Tilba:
The Bryn at Tilba’s amenities including parking are strictly for the exclusive use of paying guests
– Should guests wish to bring visitors to the property they are asked to seek the owners’ permission prior to doing so
Owners’ residence and gardens are private and off limits
– Guests are asked to respect owners’ privacy and NOT access the main residence or surrounding gardens unless invited
– Apply to 2 people per night. An extra charge applies for each extra person, per night (applicable to the Gulaga room and The Cottage only)
– The Bryn (B&B) does not accommodate children under 12 years of age
– Children aged 12 + are charged at adult rate in The Bryn (B&B)
– No charge for children under 2 years of age (applicable to The Cottage)
– One cot is available at no charge for families staying in The Cottage. No provision for high chair.
– Include a continental and cooked breakfast, complimentary chocolates, cookies and port – applicable to The Bryn (B&B) only
– Special dietary requirements will be catered for subject to prior arrangement – applicable to The Bryn (B&B) only
– Include free Wi Fi Internet access in both The Bryn and The Cottage – on a ‘fair usage’ basis. Excessive usage will incur a fee. Guests are asked NOT to use Wi Fi to download large files such as movies, music, games, magazines etc
– Include free parking (not undercover) strictly available for paying guests only, in close proximity to both The Bryn (B&B) and The Cottage
– Include GST
– are quoted in Australian dollars and subject to change prior to deposit and confirmation of booking
Use of The Bryn at Tilba for additional purposes
– Subject to prior arrangement, The Bryn at Tilba may be used by resident guests for mini-conferences, mini-retreats, mini-workshops and other functions as may be agreed by the Owners
– An extra charge will apply where the property is used for purposes over and above the normal use of a B&B
– Credit card detail is required at the time of reservation to confirm all bookings.
– Confirmation of accommodation will be emailed upon receipt of credit card details.
– No prepayment is required.
– Full payment is required at the time of guests’ stay.
– Credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and JCB
– Direct inter-bank transfer (Australian banks only) prior to or at the time of your stay. Please list
surname as transfer reference
Credit card service fee
– 1.5% fee applies for the use of Mastercard and Visa
– 1.8% fee applies for the use of AMEX and JCB
– Cancellations to be confirmed in writing (email preferable)
– If a booking is cancelled or modified up to 30 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged.
– If cancellation occurs within 30 days (inclusive) of arrival date or if guests fail to arrive, the full tariff will be charged.
– If the period of stay is shortened within 30 days (inclusive) of arrival time to fewer nights than originally booked, the nights no longer required will be treated as cancelled.
– If the property becomes unavailable for a booking owing to unforeseen circumstances e.g. storm, fire, illness, guests will be promptly notified. In these circumstances the Owner will have no liability to the guest.
Arrival / departure times
– Check in is any time from 2.00pm to 7.30pm (or please phone 02 4473 7385 if later arrival expected)
– Check out is by 10am
– Subject to prior arrangement, we may agree to vary these times. If so, a late check out fee $25/hour applies to The Cottage and to each room in The Bryn (B&B)
– 7.30am to 7.30pm
Minimum stay conditions
– Two-night minimum stay applies to The Bryn (B&B) at long weekends, public holidays and peak periods
– Two-night minimum stay applies to The Cottage at all times.
– Smoking is strictly NOT permitted indoors in either The Bryn (B&B) or The Cottage
– Where this policy is breached, a fee for cleaning and deodorizing will be charged
– The B&B does not accommodate infants, toddlers or children under 12 years of age
– The Cottage accommodates families with up to two children of any age or three adults, provided
adults are prepared to share one bathroom
– Parents/guardians are fully responsible for ensuring their children are supervised at all times,nwhether indoors or out in the grounds
– A cot is available at no charge for one (only) infant in The Cottage. No provision for high chair.
– Pets are not permitted in the B&B, The Cottage or anywhere on the property
– Changed on the fourth morning of your stay in both The Bryn and The Cottage
– Fresh towels will be supplied prior to the fourth morning if requested
Lights, heaters and appliances
– Operation manuals are provided for all appliances
– Guests are asked to turn off all lights, gas heaters and other appliances prior to leaving the premises and when not in use
All guests must respect the right of any other guests to experience a safe, clean, tidy, relaxing environment throughout their stay.
All guests are asked to:
– Keep volumes of TV, radio, music and other activities at a reasonable level at all times
– Prevent insects and wildlife entering buildings by keeping doors and windows without screens closed and using screens where available
– Keep french doors and entry doors closed at night
– Close all windows in the living room before going to bed
– Wash up after using tea/coffee and cooking utensils, dining ware etc and return to appropriate location after use
– Keep The Bryn (B & B) shared living room clean, tidy and free of personal items
– Use the rubbish bin located under the sink in the both The Bryn – B&B and The Cottage
– Use the recycling bins for newspapers, bottles, cartons - located on the verandahs in the both The Bryn (B&B) and The Cottage
– Return all items including dining-ware, glassware, cutlery, torches, books, games, DVDs, CDs, magazines to their appropriate location after use
– Use outdoor cushions (located in wardrobes) rather than bed cushions if sitting on the verandah
Bikes, scooters, skateboards and other forms of transportation/machinery are not to be kept inside the B&B or The Cottage
– These items may be kept immediately outside guest's bedroom and for security purposes may be chained to verandah rails
– please ask owners to assist with storage in owners’ shed
To help keep our septic system functional please:
– Scrape all food scraps into the garbage bin and coffee grounds into the compost bucket before washing up
– Do not dispose of any items other than toilet paper in toilets
– Not provided in either the B&B or The Cottage
– Mobile phone reception and internet access is unreliable
– On The B&B verandah and available for The Bryn (B&B) guests to prepare an evening meal
– On The Cottage verandah and available for The Cottage guests to prepare meals
– BBQ utensils and dining-ware are provided in both residences
- Guests are asked to use foil cooking trays for BBQ in both The Bryn (B&B) and The Cottage
– Guests are asked to clean BBQs and utensils thoroughly after each use. Cleaning implements are available
– Filtered tank water for drinking, cooking, coffee/tea making, washing up, washing, showers, baths
The Bryn at Tilba is a rural property with areas of steep slopes, rock outcrops, large trees, slippery grass, sticks and holes.
Guests are urged to take precautions when walking around the grounds and to use one of the torches provided if out and about on the property at night.
There is also a risk of snakes, ticks, spiders and other insects.
Mosquitoes are abundant in warmer months. Personal repellent spray is provided and located in both residences in the cupboard under the sink.
Parents are asked to supervise their children in relation to hazards, including livestock on adjoining properties.
Fire safety and first aid
– Fire extinguisher and fire blanket located in The Bryn (B&B) galley adjacent to the washing machine and in The Cottage kitchen
– A fire-hose is located on the southern verandah of The Bryn (B&B)
– A basic first aid kit and band-aids are kept in the drawer near the living room sink in The Bryn (B&B) and in the vanity cabinet in The Cottage bathroom
Breakages, damage and soiling
Guests are responsible for any of damage to the property fittings, furnishings and other items provided by owners including breakages and excessive soiling caused by them and must pay the full cost incurred by the Owners to replace, repair or clean damaged items at the Owners’ discretion.
Guests must compensate the Owners for any lost accommodation bookings should the property need to be closed in order to carry out repairs.
Guests must also pay a reasonable fee if the Owners need to undertake extensive cleaning, dry-cleaning or deodorizing owing to soiling or where a room is left in abnormally poor condition.
Note: The Owners reserve the right to reject booking requests and may alter these terms and conditions for specific bookings.